The Bartholomew County Emergency Operations Center is reporting the following roads are closed due to high water:
- 625 S between 100W and 200W
- Ferguson Road
- 800S between SR 11 and U.S. 31
- 400N between U.S. 31 and River Road including TInkey Bridge
- Telman Camp Road between Indianapolis Road and 200W
- Jonesville Road at State Road 46 and at County Road 550S.
- South Gladstone between Marr Road and just east of 300S
- Southern Crossing just east of Jonesville
- 900N at 300E
Roads with high water that are still passable include:
- Road 200S by Rock Creek School
- East Legal Tender Road
- East Base Road near Jewell Village
A flash flood watch remains in effect in our area through tomorrow night with the potential for heavy rain today and tomorrow, according to the National Weather Service. That rain will be falling on already saturated ground, leading to the danger. An additional 2 to 4 inches of rain is expected in some locations tonight and tomorrow morning.
Flood warnings remain in effect for rivers in our area including the Flat Rock, Driftwood, and East Fork White Rivers.
In Columbus this morning the East Fork White River was running about two feet above the minor flood stage. In Seymour, the river is still in the moderate flood stage, about nine inches before it gets back to minor level.