A full call out of snowplow trucks is underway across the Indiana Department of Transportation’s Southeast District in anticipation of accumulating snow.
INDOT says that plow drivers will work in 12-hour shifts until snow subsides and road conditions improve. Below is the call out schedule by subdistrict:
– Columbus: 31 plow trucks beginning at 3 p.m.
– Bloomington: 29 plow trucks beginning at 3 p.m.
– Madison: 30 plow trucks beginning at 4 p.m.
Tips for drivers:
– Reduce speeds: Allow extra time to reach your destination, be patient as snowplows travel below posted speed limits.
– Safe distance: Do not tailgate and give snowplows plenty of room to work, allow plenty of time to slow down.
– Pay attention: Drive distraction-free, focus on safe driving, be aware of surroundings and changing road conditions
– Know before you go: Check road and traffic conditions at indot.carsprogram.org or the INDOT mobile app.