Grease fire temporarily closes restaurant

A grease fire temporarily closed a Columbus restaurant Monday afternoon. The Columbus Fire Department responded to a report of fire at Qdoba Mexican Grill, in the 1600 block of N. National Rd., at approximately 3:15 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they reported that fire, coming from a chip-fryer had been extinguished by restaurant management.

After firefighters confirmed the fire was fully extinguished, the Bartholomew county department of health was requested due to a fire extinguisher being discharged in a restaurant facility. After assessing the damages, Health Department officials determined the restaurant could reopen after cleaning the damaged food preparation area.

The restaurant opened a few hours later.

No one was hurt.