The final days of a 30-day public comment period for the Columbus Area Metropolitan Planning Organization’s Draft of the 2020-2024 Transportation Improvement Program Update. The TIP identifies transportation projects that will be funded in Bartholomew County over the next five years.
A public open-house will have information on the proposed projects. That will be held in Conference Room 3 at City Hall on Monday, March 25th from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. A presentation will be given at 5 p.m.
Public comments on the TIP may be made in the following ways:
– sent by mail to Laura Thayer, Columbus City Hall, 123 Washington Street, Columbus IN 47201;
– by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
– by phone to (812) 376-2550.
CAMPO, which is part of the City of Columbus-Bartholomew County Planning Department, is charged with planning and programming federal funding for transportation projects in Columbus and Bartholomew County. The City and County manage the projects in their jurisdictions and provide the required match, which is usually 20-percent of the total project cost.
City officials say projects in the draft TIP are improvements for:
– Talley Road from 25th Street to Rocky Ford Road;
– Lowell Road from CR 325 West to Indianapolis Road;
– Sections of Goeller Road and County Road 350 West;
– Planned bicycle and pedestrian facilities include improvements for the People Trail between Noblitt, Donner and Lincoln parks. The TIP also includes capital and operational funding for ColumBUS Transit.
Six INDOT railroad projects in Bartholomew County are also included in the TIP to ensure coordination among agencies. These safety improvement projects at CR 800 N, CR 650 N, CR 550 N, Industrial Road, Spear Street, and CR 950 S.