Flood warnings continue for rivers in our area.
East Fork White River at Columbus is expected to crest soon at 12.1 feet, that’s about three feet above the minor flood stage. East Fork White River at Seymour crested yesterday at just above 18 feet, that is in the moderate flood stage. It is expected to drop back into minor flooding by Wednesday morning, but will not completely return to normal levels until Friday.
Driftwood River at Edinburgh is still rising and is expected to crest in the moderate flood stage at about 14.8 feet later today. Flat Rock River in Columbus has crested in the minor flood stage and it is on its way down now. It should be back to normal levels tomorrow morning.
The Bartholomew County emergency operations center is reporting several area road closings as of 10 a.m. Those include:
- State Road 11 near Garden City
- State Road 11 at County 550S.
- West County Road 400N at Tinkey Bridge.
- County Road 800S, between South Jonesville Rod and U.S. 31
- County Road 900N between County Roads 300E and 200E
- Tellman Road off of Indianapolis Road
- Southern Crossing
- Rocky Ford Road, west of Marr Road
- South County Road 150E just north of Southern Crossing
- County Road 330W around Ohio Ridge road