No one was injured in a fire on Pearl Street in Columbus last night, despite initial reports that someone was trapped inside the apartment building.
Columbus firefighters were called to the blaze at just before 6:30 p.m. last night in the 700 block of Pearl Street, says Capt. Mike Wilson, spokesman for the Columbus Fire Department. One caller thought a man was trapped in an upstairs apartment, but all of the residents were accounted for when firefighters arrived about three minutes later.
The fire was quickly extinguished but it damaged the building’s electrical system and Duke Energy cut power to the home, Wilson says. Six residents were displaced and the Salvation Army provided shelter services, Wilson said.