A Columbus man was arrested on multiple charges after a Thursday foot chase. Just after 3:30 p.m., deputies noticed 22-year-old Ricky Omar Keith Reed walking in the area of First and John Street in Taylorsville. When they tried to stop him, Reed allegedly took off. That led to deputies releasing police dog Diesel. Reed then stopped and reportedly dropped a red straw and a cigarette pack containing methamphetamine. While searching Reed, authorities reported finding a syringe.
Reed was arrested on preliminary charges of:
– Possession of Methamphetamine
– Possession of Legend Drug Injection Devices
– Possession of Paraphernalia
– Bartholomew County Warrant
– Resisting Law Enforcement.
Reed remains behind bars in lieu of $132,500 bond.