'Star Wars: Episode IX' set for May 2019 release

Apr 25, 2017 26

“Star Wars” is coming back to the summer movie season.

The Walt Disney Co. on Tuesday announced that the Colin Trevorrow-directed “Star Wars: Episode IX” would fly into theaters on May 24, 2019, making it the first in the main trilogy to debut in the summer box office season, which kicks off at the beginning of May.

Both “The Force Awakens” and the upcoming “The Last Jedi” were December releases, as was the “Star Wars” spinoff “Rogue One.”

The “Star Wars” anthology film focused on young Han Solo will test the Memorial Day weekend first with its previously announced May 25, 2018, release.

Disney also set a barrage of release dates for the next few years, including for the fifth “Indiana Jones” film, the live-action “The Lion King” and “Frozen 2.”

The still-untitled “Indiana Jones” movie was pushed back a year and was now set to arrive in theaters on July 10, 2020, with Steven Spielberg returning as director along with star Harrison Ford.

Director Jon Favreau’s live-action “Lion King,” featuring Donald Glover as Simba, was expected to debut on July 19, 2019, while the animated sequel to the smash-hit “Frozen” will come later that year on Nov. 27, 2019.

Disney also pushed its 3-D animated film “Gigantic” back two years to November 2020.

Disney sets release dates for ‘Star Wars: Episode IX,’ ‘Indiana Jones,’ ‘Frozen 2’

Apr 25, 2017 6

Disney has announced a slew of release dates for some of the company’s most anticipated films. Disney revealed on Tuesday that “Star Wars: Episode IX” will hit theaters on May 24, 2019.

The “Star Wars” anthology film focused on young Han Solo will test the Memorial Day weekend first with its previously announced May 25, 2018, release.

Disney also revealed the fifth “Indiana Jones” film is set to arrive in theaters on July 10, 2020, with Steven Spielberg returning as director along with star Harrison Ford.

The still-untitled “Indiana Jones” movie was pushed back a year from its previously announced date.

Meanwhile, director Jon Favreau’s live-action “Lion King,” featuring Donald Glover as Simba, was expected to debut on July 19, 2019, while the animated sequel to the smash-hit “Frozen” will come later that year on Nov. 27, 2019.

Disney also pushed its 3-D animated film “Gigantic” back two years to November 2020.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Erin Moran's husband reveals her tragic final days with skin cancer

Apr 25, 2017 31

Erin Moran’s husband is opening up on the final months of the “Happy Days” star’s life.

In an open letter shared by former co-star Scott Baio on Facebook, Steve Fleischmann described how the 56-year-old actress had no idea she was gravely ill until around Thanksgiving in 2016.

‘HAPPY DAYS’ ACTRESS ERIN MORAN DEAD AT 56

“Erin woke up and had about a dime size blood stain on her pillowcase,” wrote the widower. “She said I think I bit my tongue… We get like 4 days into December, there’s more blood. I get a flashlight and say let me look. It was not her tongue it was her tonsil and on the left side. I thought it was tonsillitis.”

After a visit to the ENT, Moran was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, a type of skin cancer which is mainly caused by UV exposure over the course of a lifetime. She promptly began radiation and chemotherapy to fight the disease. Unfortunately, it quickly worsened.

“It got so bad so fast,” wrote Fleischmann. “By the middle of February, Erin could no longer speak or eat or drink. She had a feeding tube implant and I feed her 6 to 8 times a day. She was still happy, she was active, she texted people on her phone all day.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

By April 21st, Moran had difficulty breathing. She would pass away on April 22nd, while watching television and holding her husband’s hand.

“The coroner told me it was really bad,” added Fleischmann. “It had spread to her spleen, she had a lot of fluid in her lungs and part of her brain was infected. The coroner said even if she was in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics she would still not of [sic] made it. He said it was the best that she was with me and went in her sleep.”

'DWTS' pros Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy 'safe' after cops respond to incident at their home

Apr 25, 2017 35

“Glee” star Heather Morris and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy were eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” on Monday night, and following the show, someone tried to break into the home Chmerkovskiy shares with fellow “DWTS” pro Peta Murgatroyd, he said.

“Early this morning, there was a trespasser who attempted to break into our home,” he stated on Tuesday. “The LAPD responded and my family and I are all OK.”

On Tuesday morning’s “Good Morning America,” Morris, 30, gave her “DWTS” exit interview, but said Chmerkovskiy couldn’t appear because of the incident

“They had some sort of run-in with some man near their house trying to break in, but the police were there. They took care of it. So they’re safe and Peta’s OK. That’s the most important thing.”

An LAPD spokesperson would only tell Fox News that there was a civil dispute that happened around 1:30 a.m. in the morning on Tuesday “and there was no crime report taken, so no crime occurred.”

Although Chmerkovskiy was ousted with Morris on Monday night’s “DWTS” after the couple had earned the season’s first perfect score of 40, he was upbeat after the show.

Chmerkovskiy, 37, told backstage reporters with a laugh, “This is so strange that it’s kind of OK. I feel there was a chance and opportunity for Maks and Heather to develop and to build every single week, and we got that cut short.”

The veteran dance pro was replaced by substitute Alan Bersten, who danced with Morris for several weeks when Chmerkovskiy suffered a calf injury.

But a recovered Chmerkovskiy made a triumphant ballroom return on Monday with a rumba to remember with Morris — until they got the unexpected axe.

“I just feel bad that it took so long for me to get back” from the injury, Chmerkovskiy shrugged. 

When asked if he might not do the show next season after the shocking elimination, Chmerkovskiy replied, “I’ve been here for 12 years…No, it has nothing to do with it… My job with Heather was to make sure our segment is as best as we possibly make it and I think that that’s what we delivered on every week. I wish I was here for the other weeks.”

Murgatroyd, 30, who gave birth to their son, Shai, in January, competes with “The Bachelor” star Nick Viall this season.

She told reporters after the show about her fiancé Chmerkovskiy being eliminated, “He came back. He was so positive and really excited to be back and dancing again and then to go out like that. I mean, it hurts me as much as it hurts him.”

As Murgatroyd remains a competitor on the show with Viall, Chmerkovskiy told Fox News on Monday night that now he can spend more time with their baby son.

Now, “Mommy’s gotta go to work!” he laughed.

ABC referred questions about the alleged break-in incident to Chmerkovskiy and Murgatroyd’s reps, who haven’t yet responded to requests for comment.  

'DWTS' pros Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy 'safe' after cops respond to incident at their home, Heather Morris says

Apr 25, 2017 35

“Glee” star Heather Morris and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy were eliminated on “Dancing with the Stars” last night. And in another shocker, Morris claimed someone allegedly tried to break into the home Chmerkovskiy shares with fellow “DWTS” pro Peta Murgatroyd after the show.

On Tuesday morning’s “Good Morning America,” Morris, 30, gave her “DWTS” exit interview, but said Chmerkovskiy couldn’t appear because of the alleged incident

The actress revealed to “GMA,””They had some sort of run-in with some man near their house trying to break in, but the police were there. They took care of it. So they’re safe and Peta’s OK. That’s the most important thing.”

An LAPD spokesperson would only tell Fox News that there was a civil dispute that happened around 1:30 a.m. in the morning on Tuesday “and there was no crime report taken, so no crime occurred.”

Although Chmerkovskiy was ousted with Morris on Monday night’s “DWTS” after the couple had earned the season’s first perfect score of 40, he was upbeat after the show.

Chmerkovskiy, 37, told backstage reporters with a laugh, “This is so strange that it’s kind of OK. I feel there was a chance and opportunity for Maks and Heather to develop and to build every single week, and we got that cut short.”

The veteran dance pro was replaced by substitute Alan Bersten, who danced with Morris for several weeks when Chmerkovskiy suffered a calf injury.

But a recovered Chmerkovskiy made a triumphant ballroom return on Monday with a rumba to remember with Morris — until they got the unexpected axe.

“I just feel bad that it took so long for me to get back” from the injury, Chmerkovskiy shrugged. 

When asked if he might not do the show next season after the shocking elimination, Chmerkovskiy replied, “I’ve been here for 12 years…No, it has nothing to do with it… My job with Heather was to make sure our segment is as best as we possibly make it and I think that that’s what we delivered on every week. I wish I was here for the other weeks.”

Murgatroyd, 30, who gave birth to their son, Shai, in January, competes with “The Bachelor” star Nick Viall this season.

She told reporters after the show about her fiancé Chmerkovskiy being eliminated, “He came back. He was so positive and really excited to be back and dancing again and then to go out like that. I mean, it hurts me as much as it hurts him.”

As Murgatroyd remains a competitor on the show with Viall, Chmerkovskiy told Fox News on Monday night that now he can spend more time with their baby son.

Now, “Mommy’s gotta go to work!” he laughed.

ABC referred questions about the alleged break-in incident to Chmerkovskiy and Murgatroyd’s reps, who haven’t yet responded to requests for comment.  

'The Waltons' star Mary McDonough: I was 'starving' myself to fit in

Apr 25, 2017 21

Mary McDonough may have found fame as Erin in the hit 1970s series “The Waltons,” but success came with a price.

The now 55-year-old actress, who first joined the show at age 11, appeared on the British program “Loose Women” Tuesday alongside her co-star Michael Learned, revealing that she was told she was too fat for television.

[embedded content]

‘DIRTY DANCING: HAVANA NIGHTS’ STAR SAID SHE WAS BODY SHAMED

“Erin was supposed to be the pretty one, so there was a lot of pressure for me to look a certain way and weigh a certain amount,” explained McDonough on appearing in the TV drama about a Depression-era family living in Virginia’s rural Blue Ridge Mountains.

“I created a body image issue for myself — a lot of radical diets and starving and trying to fit in and be perfect, until I realized there is no perfection is that way.”

Still, McDonough has fond memories of her TV family and even declared that shows today just don’t compare because they often lack “a sense of family and community.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

“I think that it’s something that has been missing in the world, and especially lately,” explained McDonough. “They’re missing a sense of family and community and coming together as an extended family. Everybody can relate to it. They either wanted that family or they had that family.”

“The Waltons” ran for nine seasons from 1972 to 1981. Since it finished, McDonough appeared in several films and TV shows, including “Ally McBeal,” “The West Wing” and “Will & Grace,” among others.

Learned, who played McDonough’s TV mom Olivia Walton, previously told Fox News that she considers her former cast-mates as her second family and sometimes even regrets leaving the show early in 1979.

“Yes, there’s been times when I’ve regretted it only in that it probably would have been better to complete the whole show,” said the now 78-year-old actress. “But frankly, when John-Boy came back with a new face and a new voice, it was like something happened. I just couldn’t do it anymore… and also, I felt a lot of the times I was sitting around for 14 hours saying, ‘More coffee John.’ The fact is, I was bored. And I thought I had enough money, which wasn’t true.”

Eric Trump on Chelsea Handler's tweet after baby announcement: 'It's sad'

Apr 25, 2017 23

Eric Trump is still hitting back at Chelsea Handler’s mean tweet about his wife Lara’s pregnancy.

In March, the comic tweeted after their baby announcement, “Just what we need. Another person with those jeans [sic].”

LARA AND ERIC TRUMP TALK HANDLING NEGATIVITY FROM MEDIA

“It’s just sad, right?” Eric tells Dr. Oz on Tuesday’s show of the response on social media. “Sad that society’s gotten to the point where something as beautiful as this and life and babies and innocence … really gets taken down like that because of politics. I mean, that’s how divided we’ve become as a nation … It’s really, really sad. This is a very special thing and it should be celebrated. When someone spells genes incorrectly, you kind of have to turn your head and ignore it a little.”

Handler corrected herself at the time, saying, “Sorry about spelling mistake. I meant ‘genes,’ not ‘jeans.’ I’m a little stoned.”

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Eric says he’s fine being in the public eye, but “Where I find it harder is when I see my little brother, you know, Barron, or when I see Tiffany, who’s kind of just coming into her own … it’s a little bit tough when you see young children getting hit every single day by grown-ups.”

He adds, “There’s supposed to be an unwritten rule and, unfortunately, it’s just not being followed.”

The couple appears on the show to speak out against puppy mills, even though in February, President Trump removed the USDA’s animal welfare data from its website, which publicly lists breeding operations that have received violations.

This article originally appeared on Page Six.

Faye Dunaway expresses guilt for Oscars 2017 fiasco

Apr 25, 2017 26

Faye Dunaway is looking back at the massive blunder that took place during the Oscars in February when she announced the wrong film as the “Best Picture.”

Dunaway recalled when her co-presenter Warren Beatty hesitated and showed her the results card.

“He took the card out, and he didn’t say anything. He paused,” the 76-year-old actress explained on “NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt” Monday. 

STEVE HARVEY REACTS TO OSCARS SNAFU

She said the pause caused her to think Beatty was joking, and she said as much in the moment. 

“He looked over me, offstage,” she added. “He looked around. And I finally said, ‘You’re impossible.’ I thought he was joking. I mean, I thought he was stalling. Warren’s like that. He kind of holds the power…”

When the duo were onstage to present the Academy Award, they held a card that stated Emma Stone had won for “La La Land.” Consequently, Dunaway declared that film to be the winner of the Oscars’ top prize for 2017. However, it was “Moonlight” that was actually the true winner.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Dunaway explained she felt “completely stunned” and “very guilty” by the error.

She said she didn’t notice that the card had the actress’ name on it.

“I thought, ‘I could have done something, surely,’” she said. “Why didn’t I see Emma Stone’s name on the top of the card?”

Fay Dunaway expresses guilt for Oscars 2017 fiasco

Apr 25, 2017 24

Faye Dunaway is looking back at the fiasco that took place during the Oscars in February when the wrong film was announced as “Best Picture.”

“He took the card out, and he didn’t say anything. He paused,” the 76-year-old actress explained on “NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt” Monday on co-presenter Warren Beatty hesitating before showing her the winner’s card.

STEVE HARVEY REACTS TO OSCARS SNAFU

“He looked over me, offstage,” she added. “He looked around. And I finally said, ‘You’re impossible.’ I thought he was joking. I mean, I thought he was stalling. Warren’s like that. He kind of holds the power…”

When the duo were onstage to present the Academy Award, they held a card that stated Emma Stone had won for “La La Land.” Consequently, Dunaway declared that film to be the winner of the Oscars’ top prize for 2017. However, it was “Moonlight” that was actually the true winner.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Dunaway explained she felt “completely stunned” and “very guilty” by the error.

“I thought, ‘I could have done something, surely,’” she said. “Why didn’t I see Emma Stone’s name on the top of the card?”

'Bachelor' star Chris Soules arrested for leaving the scene of a fatal accident

Apr 25, 2017 30

“Bachelor” star Chris Soules was arrested on Monday following a fatal accident and is currently in custody at the Buchanan County Jail in Indiana, Fox News has learned.

Soules, 35, was taken in for “leaving the scene of an accident – a death-related accident,” an official with the jail told us.

“A death occurred,” the official added.

According to TMZ, the reality star was driving a vehicle that rear-ended a tractor trailer. The driver of the tractor trailer reportedly died at the hospital following the crash after the tractor trailer was sent into a ditch.

Soules has yet to have his bail hearing.

Soules starred on the 19th season of “The Bachelor” and became engaged to Whitney Bischoff on the show. The pair has since split.